Q. What hours are Total Fitness staff present at the gym if I need assistance?
A. Staffed Hours are: Mon. – Fri: 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.andSat. – Sun: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Q. Why must I sign a waiver and have my photo taken when I join?
A. Every member must fill out a 24-hour Fitness Release Waiver for legal purposes. The membership photo is for your key tag ID and protects your membership if your key tag is lost or stolen.
Q. Is there an age limit for 24/7 access?
A. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. No exceptions are allowed. Our insurance requires adult supervision for minors.
Q. What do I need to access entry to the facility once I am a member?
A. Each member must purchase a key tag for $10.00. Your key tag gives you 24-hours access to Total Fitness and checks you in. So bring your key tag every time you plan on working out, during staffed hours and un-staffed hours.
Q. How does the member key tag work when the facility is un-staffed?
A. Each member’s key tag has a barcode ID number. You swipe your card through the card reader on the outside, left of front door. You’ll know you “swiped” correctly when you hear the “Welcome…” voice recording. The key tag allows 24 hour access and signs you in. The computer will not allow the door to open if your membership has expired.
Q. Why do I hear “BUZZ” when I or someone else walks in?
A. You may have swiped the card too fast or incorrectly. Try again until you hear the “Welcome…” voice recording. Or, entry may be blocked for the following reasons:
- Someone entered without swiping their card.
- Two or more people entered on one card.
- Someone is standing in front of the reader by the door.
- Your membership has expired or your card has been denied access.
- It has counted you and your gym bag if you hold your bag in front of you.
Q. If two people show up to work out at the same time, does the door have to shut in between them for proper access?
A. The door can be open, but both members still need to swipe their cards. The door does not need to close between them.
IMPORTANT: Often members forget something in their car and they leave the club briefly to go get it. Please remember to take your key card with you as the door will lock behind you.
Q. What is the “Tail Gate System”?
A. The Tail Gate System is a device that counts the number of people entering the building with each single card swipe. To better understand how the system works, here are two examples:
- Example #1: If a member tries to bring a non-member friend into the gym, they will be caught on camera and on the computer. We will review the video and contact you. You could lose your membership privileges.
- Example # 2: If someone walks in behind you without swiping their own personal card, your name will have a flag alert by it. We will review the video and determine who didn’t swipe their key tag.
Q. What will happen if I forget my key tag?
A. To avoid delay, please always bring your key tag to sign in. If we are un-staffed, you will need your key tag to gain entry. During staffed hours, we can check you in, but please respect our staff and other members as they have ongoing commitments and you may have to wait at the desk.
Q. What happens if I lose my key tag?
A. If you lose your key tag, you must purchase a new one for $10.00. However, if your key tag stops working due to normal wear and tear, we will replace it at no extra charge.
Q. Can someone else use my key tag?
A. Doing so is a violation of your contract and an immediate cancellation of membership privileges.
Q. Can I borrow another member’s key tag if I forget mine?
A. Do not borrow another member’s key tag if you forget yours. Swiping your personal key tag is our only record of your visit to the facility, which is a requirement of our insurance provider.
Q. Can I bring a guest during un-staffed hours?
A. Guests can only use the facility during staffed hours. 24 hour access is exclusively for members only. DOING SO IS A VIOLATION OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS, AND GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP. NO MEMBERSHIP FEES WILL BE REFUNDED.
Q. Why does Total Fitness have video cameras throughout the facility?
A. With 24/7 access, we have installed security cameras in every room except the restrooms, changing rooms and shower rooms. All other rooms will have cameras in various places. They are installed for your security and safety. The cameras will be used to prosecute criminal activity and identify unauthorized use of the facility.
Q. What happens if my membership expires?
A. If your membership expires, the computer system will not allow you access to the club. We strongly encourage everyone to keep track of their membership dates, especially short term members, as you will need to renew your membership during staffed hours.
Q. What is a Panic Button?
A. For your safety during un-staffed hours, Panic Buttons are installed on the walls in various places, along with two Panic Button necklaces to wear in case of an event in which someone needs 911 assistance. Pressing these buttons will activate the 911 emergency system which will immediately bring law enforcement and medical emergency responders to the premises.
Q. What happens during a power failure?
A. When the power goes out, our system runs on battery backup for approximately 30 minutes. If the power comes back on within 30 minutes, the system will operate as usual. If the power stays off for over 30 minutes, the system will shut down and members will not be allowed access to the club until power is restored. NOTE: We highly recommend exiting the facility if the power goes out, since emergency lights can only function for a short period of time.
Q. Are there rules for children using the gym?
A. A Guest Pass or Family Membership must be purchased for children to exercise at Total Fitness. All children must be mature enough both physically and mentally to use this facility. Member parents /guardians must accompany each child on every piece of equipment and in every room at all times as the child exercises. We have the right to ask any children who are unsupervised to sit down and stay off equipment and out of the aerobics room. Under no circumstance can your child play in the WIGGLE ROOM outside of childcare hours. You may not bring your child as a guest during un-staffed hours. Only children on a Family Membership are allowed during unstaffed hours, with 100% adult supervision.
Q. What is the “Gym Etiquette” for Total Fitness?
A. You can be respectful of your fellow members by being considerate in the following ways:
- Please bring clean shoes to the gym. Dirt and grime cause equipment breakdowns.
- Please wipe down equipment after use. Prevent the spread of germs to yourself and others. Locate a disinfectant spray bottle and wipe cloth in various places in the gym. Spray the cloth, not the equipment and wipe areas where contact has been made.
- Don’t drop the free weights. Dropping the weights places undue wear on the carpet and floors.
- Unload your weight plates from machines and bars. When you are finished, return them to the appropriate rack.
- Respect the “first come, first serve” rule while using several workout stations at a time.
If you are trying to do a circuit on several pieces of equipment and someone wants to use that station when you are not there, they can use it.
- Stow away safely extra handles, straps and bars. If you change handles, straps or bars on equipment, please place the unused handles close to the machines or back on the racks to avoid tripping accidents by other members.
- For your safety DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR FOR SOMEONE WHEN YOU ARE ALONE IN THE GYM.
Every member has a key card and is required to bring them to the gym.
- XM Radio is for all. The XM Radio music is for general listening for all members. Changing the volume or station is not allowed. If you do not like the music, we encourage you to bring your own personal head phones and music.
- TV channels can be changed. We have various TV sets throughout the facility. Be courteous and check to see if others are viewing before changing channels. You can bring your own audio devise to listen. The channel for sound is noted on each TV set.
- Opening of windows and use of fans is discretionary. Respect those around you by asking if opening a window or turning on a fan is a problem. Please do not leave fans on and windows open when leaving during staffed or un-staffed hours.
- Lights on at all times. Lights are to be left on at all times in the main area of the gym. We have a sensor that shuts off half of the building lights when no activity is in the gym for 20 minutes. Movement will activate the lights to turn on when the entry door opens.
- The reception desk area is off limits to members during un-staffed hours. This is viewed carefully on our surveillance system.
- Pay attention to designated parking areas. Please park by the building or on the east side of the telephone pole so other cars can access the parking lot.
- Drinking fountains are for refreshment only. Since it is used by all, please do not use the drinking fountain as a spittoon.
- Class participation is “first come, first serve”. Our classes can fill up fast. If you save a spot for a friend and they are not present when class begins, that spot can be taken by another interested participant.
- Classroom DVD player is available for personal use. Please check the class calendar first to make sure no classes are scheduled. Bring your own DVD or ask about our library of exercise DVDs. IPod & IPhone hookups available for those who have downloaded exercise programs from the internet.
- Store and maintain class equipment. We provide most equipment for classroom or individual usage. Please clean and return class equipment to the storage room after use.
- Be aware of our “Weight Loss Challenge” participant’s usage. Weight Loss Challenges happen throughout the year, so the gym can get really gets busy. Please smile and speak up when you want to use a piece of equipment and we will work in our sets with you. We can all share and get a workout together.
- Cell Phone Protocol – make it short, keep it private and quiet or take your call outside.
- Please ask one of our qualified staff if you have any questions.